Friday, January 21, 2011

Wasting away in Margaritaville...

After a long debate about whether or not we should have a THEMED porch, we finally decided...YES! We both absolutely love Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. I mean, we love everything about this place from the ambiance and decor to the food, raspberry 'ritas, music, and splashing, plunging humungo margarita that blasts off while you sit there and enjoy. So we've decided our enclosed back porch is going to be the Dziedzic/Cetnar version of Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville! OH Baby!

Actually, just writing that last paragraph makes me long for a vacation or simply to snap my fingers and be sitting up at the bar right now as "...it's five o'clock somewhere..." plays in the background. Sighhhh...

Well, on the bright side, we will be adding a little Margaritaville that we can enjoy all the time, not just while on vacation.

Now onto the projects that I will be undertaking this winter and hopefully finish right in time for summer. I have started to purchase some wooden chairs on the cheap (only five bucks) and I am going to imitate what I've sat on many times at JBM! Take a look at the before (I've already sanded the white chipping paint), take a look at the chairs from JMB's (that I took while in New Orleans, and then wait patiently for pics as I hand paint the chairs for the Dziedzic/Cetnar porch a la Jimmy Buffet. I have no idea what that translates into. All of sudden I'm bilingual?


Picked this up in a small town while driving through...sanded it for approximately ten minutes. Still needs sanding. This chair is going to be bright RED!

Here are some examples of what's to be...I actually want to paint "Cheeseburger in Paradise" on one and "Simply Complicated" on another. I want a total of four chairs so I'll keep you posted on the other sayings.


I have very similar pictures (mine with different sayings) but I found these online to share with you. Pictures are courtesy of Flickr (stormy725).

No comments:

Post a Comment