Monday, March 14, 2011

I see the light!

Picked up some lamps at Goodwill about two weeks ago.  I went there with my grandmother to peruse and as soon as I walked in I spotted the most gorgeous lamps.  I couldn't believe these puppies were just sitting there waiting for me to buy them.  Now, let me tell you, they were a tad on the dirty, rusty, in need of looove side, but that didn't stop me from scooping them up A-SAP.  I hadn't even grabbed a cart yet and I already had the lamps in tow.  My granny grabbed a cart and we were on our way to look for more goodies. 
Mysteriously, there were no price tags on the lamps which I will say certainly worked to my advantage.  Now, keep in mind most of the lamps ranged from $10-$15 bucks from what I could see trying to ballpark how much my lamps were going to run me.  I approached an employee and batted my eyes and I inquired about the price.  Please work, please work, please work, I was thinking.  And to my surprise (but not my grandmothers) it worked!  He informed me the lamps were $7.99 but when he labeled them...$6.99!!!  Could this really be true?

Despite the fact that my grandmother disliked the lamps, I went for it anyway.  The price was just too darn good to pass up, plus I had already fallen in love with them.
Took them home, took them all apart, sanded the base, spray painted all the brass to nickel, and bought a couple shades.


Lamps are expensive.  Mucho expensivo.  My total investment:
2 Lamps with tax:  $15.13
New plugs: $3.80
2 New shade holder thingys: $7.48
2 New shades: $30
Silver paint: $0
Total: $56.41
Divided by 2: $28.21


Salvaged some great lamps and saved some money in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment