Wednesday, May 19, 2010

How hard can it be? Found a great deal on 4 chairs from Home Goods!




I spent the majority of last Saturday in Binghamton, NY. The Vestal Parkway is a one-stop shop for people like me who are trying to fill their homes with chic style while keep their bank accounts afloat. I went into Olum's Furniture store and stumbled up a beautiful accent chair. I knew I would need four so I was hoping the price wouldn't be too high. I sat in the chair, smushed myself around attempting to make sure this was "the one." I came to the conclusion that I liked both the look and the comfort so I decided I'd buy 4. AND THEN...I looked at the price tag...DOOM...$599 per chair. Let's just say that wasn't going to happen unless they tripled teacher's salaries. So, I left Olum's, not in a terrible mood, because I had four more hot spots to hit. I made my way to Michael's, where I found artwork to fill my entire house! I stopped at Kohl's and found a really cute B and D to hang in the dining room (Brian and Danielle). And lastly, Home Goods. I always travel through Home Goods very carefully as to not miss anything. I was making my last rounds and found 4, yes 4, perfectly shaped, wonderfully cheap, accent chairs. One hurdle to jump, they would need to be reupholstered. I felt a sense of "YOU CAN DO IT" come over me and then next thing I know I'm loading chairs into my two door civic. The chairs were $129 a piece. What a huge savings!!! I started this project and I'm so excited to see the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment