Monday, March 14, 2011

Now this is a kitchen reno I can afford!

Kitchen renovations can cost upward of $30,000 (for the folks with a wad of cash) and we just don't have that kind of money under our mattress or in our bank account for that matter.

I hated our cabinets, hated. hated. hated.  Yes, I felt that strongly.  Some were the old tall wooden ones and some were metal.  Not the greatest combo for our kitchen.

We painted them once, taking the easy way out, thinking that we would at least like them a little bit better.  Yuck!  Major fail.  I kindly told Brian that I thought they were ooooookay because he helped pick the color, but I was barfing on the inside.  Brown. Dark chocolately poo poo brown.  Yeah, I'm totally being gross today, sorry.

Enough was enough.  I already hate to cook and being in there was making things worse.

I made a trip to Home Dep. Oh, I'm too lazy to say Home Depot now, so I think it's cool to say Home Deep.  Nerd Alert!  So, I made a trip to Home Deep and bought some creamy vanilla paint.  I didn't tell Brian that I was also buying trim because once it was bought we'd have no choice but to DIY the cabinets.

After sanding cabinets, painting trim, adhering the trim, caulking, antiquing, and a million and one other tasks, they are finally done and they are FAN-TAB-ULOUS.  No clue what that means, but my friend Melissa has got me saying it all the time now.  Fan-tab-ulous!

Major success!!!  And more pics to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment